“972 – Promoting Independent Journalism” is run by Israeli and Palestinian journalists who are committed to the struggle against apartheid and for democracy, equality, justice and freedom of information and the press.
The heart of our work is the publication of two news sites: +972 Magazine (English) and Local Call (Hebrew), the latter published in partnership with Just Vision. Both sites are home to independent journalism, which includes news from the field, investigative reports, analysis, and commentary, while maintaining high standards of journalistic integrity and credibility.
We are committed to diversity in our team, and we are particularly interested in receiving resumes of women, Palestinians, and members of the LGBTQ community.
Not sure if you meet all the criteria for the job? We still strongly encourage you to apply.
About the position:
In recent years, our team, scope of operations, and influence have increased significantly, which has expanded the organizational load. That’s why we decided to create this new role, so that we can also continue to grow and make a greater impact. We’re looking for a part-time (50%) administrative coordinator who cares about our organizational goals, understands the tremendous value of meticulous and precise work for organizational success, and has the ability to do that work.
The position includes managing correspondence, dealing with suppliers and handling payments and salaries, assisting in managing the organizational budget and our databases (involving a lot of time with Excel), producing events and scheduling meetings, supporting human resources management, and other office services.
Experience and skills required:
- Experience in administrative work, office management or similar – a must
- Experience in-Office and especially in Excel – a must
- Speaking, reading and writing in Hebrew and English at a high level – a must
- High ability of written expression for the purposes of official correspondence
- Exceptionally high level of order and organization
- Good self-discipline and ability to work independently
- Multitasking and task prioritization capability
- Comfortable with learning new work environments and technology
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Acquaintance with management of CRM, Google Analytics, WordPress – an advantage
- Experience in the world of nonprofits and/or journalism – an advantage
- Salary of NIS 5,000 for part-time (50%), full social benefits
- Work from home or office, flexible hours. Residence in Israel-Palestine is a must
To apply, please fill out this form along with your CV and a letter explaining why you are interested in working with us by December 10, 2023.
We will respond to the appropriate candidates up to one week after the end of submission. Work starts in January.
For further questions please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org