972 – Advancement of Citizen Journalism is a nonprofit publisher founded and run by Israeli and Palestinian journalists committed to resisting the occupation and striving for democracy, peace, equality, social justice, and freedom of information and of the press.
The core of our work is publishing +972 Magazine and Local Call (Sikha Mekomit), the latter in partnership with Just Vision. Both sites serve as a home for independent journalism, offering on-the-ground news reporting, investigative journalism, analysis, and commentary, all while maintaining high standards of integrity and reliability.
About the job
We are currently in an exciting period of growth. We are looking to hire a Resource Development Manager to lead our capacity-building and fundraising. The job requires a broad vision of varied types of resources, and entails crowdfunding within our readers’ communities, engaging with private donors and family foundations, applying, reporting and nurturing relationships with institutional foundations – and more. As part of the job, you would be expected to represent the organization, write project proposals and reports as well as mass e-mails, design and implement monitoring and evaluation procedures.
This position requires a deep understanding of our organization’s work, commitment to the values of citizen journalism, and the ability to take initiative, and to work well both as part of a team and independently.
This is a full time (100%) position, and we’re looking for someone committed to stay with us for the long run.
Required experience and skills
- Experience in fundraising, capacity-building and/or professional crowdfunding — a must
- English at a native level – a must
- Basic reading and speaking skills in Hebrew – a must
- Very strong writing skills
- Leadership skills
- Works well as part of a team and independently
- Curiosity and a willingness to learn
- Strategic, original and creative thinking
- Experience with CRMs – a plus
- Understanding of journalism – a plus
- Commitment to the organizations’ values
- Full time position, competitive salary, full social benefits
- Work from home or from our office, flexible hours
To file an application, please fill out this form and attach a C.V., cover letter, and a writing sample by December 28, 2019. (The form requires being logged into a Google account. If you encounter any problems, please email us at the address below.)
We will respond to all applications within a week after the deadline.
Work begins in mid-January.
For questions: Haggai@972citizenjournalism.