972 – Advancement of Citizen Journalism is a nonprofit publisher, founded and run by Israeli and Palestinian journalists, committed to resisting apartheid, and striving for democracy, equity, justice, and freedom of information and of the press.
The core of our work is publishing +972 Magazine and Local Call (Sikha Mekomit), the latter in partnership with Just Vision. Both sites serve as a home for independent journalism, offering on-the-ground news reporting, investigative journalism, analysis, and commentary, all while maintaining high standards of integrity and reliability.
We are committed to diversity in our team, and especially welcome applications from women and non-binary candidates, Palestinians, and members of the LGBTQ community.
Not sure if you meet all the requirements for the position? We still highly encourage you to apply.
About the job
We are looking to hire a Resource Development Manager to lead our capacity building and fundraising. The role oversees all aspects of fundraising for +972, including membership, individual giving, individual major gifts, and foundation and institutional giving. This person will be responsible for crowdfunding within our readers’ communities, engaging with private donors and family foundations, applying, reporting and nurturing relationships with institutional foundations – and more. As part of the job, you would be expected to represent the organization, write project proposals and reports as well as mass e-mails, and implement monitoring and evaluation procedures.
This position requires a deep understanding of our organization’s work, commitment to the values of our citizen journalism, and the ability to take initiative and to work well both as part of a team and independently.
This is a full time (100%) position, and we are looking for someone committed to stay with us for the long run.
Required experience and skills
- Experience in fundraising, capacity-building and/or professional crowdfunding – a must
- English at a native level – a must
- Very strong writing skills
- Leadership skills
- Works well as part of a team and independently
- Curiosity and a willingness to learn
- Strategic, original and creative thinking
- Commitment to the organizations’ values
- Basic conversation and reading skills in Hebrew – a plus
- Experience with CRMs – a plus
- Understanding of journalism – a plus
- Basic Arabic skills – a plus
- Full time position, NIS 11,000-12,000 a month, full social benefits
- Work from home or from our office, flexible hours
- Residence in Israel-Palestine is preferable, but not necessary
To file an application please fill in this form and attach a CV, cover letter, and a writing sample by October 26, 2023.
We will respond to all eligible applications within the week after the deadline.
Work begins mid-November to late December 2023.
For questions: Haggai@972citizenjournalism.org